Lost Windows on Linx 1010b

Reaction score
Hi Clarky,

see the following and read from Pic 1 (below), it gives you a good idea of what to do!. Pic 2 is the important one for anyone creating a bootable USB version of windows 10 install media!. ;)

How to upgrade Windows 10 to the latest version | Windows 10 Forums

1607598971166.png

Reaction score
OK so I formatted the USB.... Downloaded the creation tool as instructed I then created a IOS file then converted it with rufus 3.1 accessed my bios but it is not showing anywhere...???

Any suggestions

Reaction score
OK so I formatted the USB.... Downloaded the creation tool as instructed I then created a IOS file then converted it with rufus 3.1 accessed my bios but it is not showing anywhere...???

Any suggestions
Think I may have just answered some of my own questions here.....

First of all I got the partition wrong there were 3 letters and I clicked the wrong one first I think.

Then it found the USB but didn't work again

I was trying to boot a 64bit on a 32bit

So now currently downloading the 32bit fingers crossed.

Felt like I've picked up a foreign dictionary without the English translation and I'm trying to wing it

Reaction score
OK it look like its worked but what Is a product key?
You don't need it as Windows was already installed and you have a digital licence on the computer, (tied to the motherboard)!. Click on "I don't have a product key" and carry on!.

DO NOT CONNECT TO THE INTERNET DURING INSTALL OTHERWISE IT WILL INSIST YOU USE AN MS ACCOUNT!. ;)

1607757173326.png

Reaction score
OK I now have another problem...

Its asking me where I want to install windows drive partion 1 or drive partion 2....

But its not letting me do either with a message saying

"windows cannot be installed to this hard disk space. Windows must be installed to a partition formatted as NTFS

Windows cannot be installed to this hard place space. The partition is an EFI system partition (ESP)

Any ideas???

Reaction score
Delete all partitions (do you have nothing on them that you need?). Once done, click on next (bottom tight button) and then it will auto create the partitions for you, you won't need to do anything!. :)

Reaction score
Delete all partitions (do you have nothing on them that you need?). Once done, click on next (bottom tight button) and then it will auto create the partitions for you, you won't need to do anything!. :)
How do i do that? There is no option to delete anything

Reaction score
There is nothing on this I got it new, stupidly put prime os on it and f**ked the partitions up I just want windows back but yeah nothing on here to loose

Reaction score
This looks like a tangled web!
Stick the usb in, boot up from it. As said, when asked click the caption at the. bottom of the page "(see post #26)
Delete ALL the partitions in the picture and then select the format option. This will clear everything and prepare the partitions correctly for the install. You can reestablish a second partition when you have Windows installed.
Start the install, it matters not whether you are on the internet or not. At the end of the installation, when the Q & A starts, you can elect to use a local user and later, when the dust settles, change it to a Microsoft account if you wish.

bassfisher6522

Reaction score
This looks like a tangled web!
Stick the usb in, boot up from it. As said, when asked click the caption at the. bottom of the page "(see post #26)
Delete ALL the partitions in the picture and then select the format option. This will clear everything and prepare the partitions correctly for the install. You can reestablish a second partition when you have Windows installed.
Start the install, it matters not whether you are on the internet or not. At the end of the installation, when the Q & A starts, you can elect to use a local user and later, when the dust settles, change it to a Microsoft account if you wish.
Yeah....he's making it harder than it needs to be.

Reaction score
I have one I edited and wrote myself - basically a modified MS source with easier to read instructions. For convenience, I thought it would be useful to have on this site, but I am having difficulty posting it up with the pictures.

Reaction score
Hi

If your Lynx still has its recovery partition you should be able to restore it to the way it was when it was new.
This video says it was recovering a lynx. If you haven't tried this already it's worth a shot.

Deleting or over writing the C;\ drive should not have affected the Recovery part ion, it should still be intact.

Mike

Reaction score
linx 1010b is a windows tablet so you can install windows 10 OS just like any other computer using a USB device.
First download a fresh copy of Windows10 and Create a bootable Windows 10 USB device with this tutorial and install it on your device.
After installing you will be able to use Windows again on your linx 1010b. Hope it was helpful.

Reaction score
Hi all,

Thanks for all your help really appreciate it.

Good news I have windows installed one final question from me, as this is a tablet with removable keyboard I seem to have lost the ability to have it as a tablet anymore....

The touchscreen don't work nor does the sound

Any advice?

Again thanks for your patience I know I'm not tech savvie

Cheers

Ask a Question