SOLVED Mail Win10 app broken it says I have unread mail but all mail is read

Michael Bell

Mickey B
Reaction score
Why can't this remain fixed out of the blue its broke I had asked for help two days ago. It says I have unread mail but all is read . If they can not fix it get rid of it Resetting does not good before when it messed up I asked for it to be fixed it was fixed but so far now this time.

bassfisher6522

Reaction score
Have you updated the mail app? To do that you have to open up the "Store" icon then click settings in the store app and then select update.

How many emails accounts do you have setup in the Mail App? If more than 1 account, do you have them linked? If more than 1 account, check each individual account inbox.

Michael Bell

Mickey B
Reaction score
settings in store I have automatic up date elected only place that mentions up date , no other up date any where. I have two accounts I read mail threw app I am receiving mail threw both. Both says setting says they are Ok nothing to fix. As I indicated this is not the first time this has happened. I went to feed back and with in a day it was fixed this time it has not been.

bassfisher6522

Reaction score
I went to feed back and with in a day it was fixed this time it has not been.
You mean someone on the feedback hub had a fix for it. If so what did you do to fix it?

Do you have the 2 email accounts linked?

You could try uninstalling the mail app and reinstalling it. This would involve re-adding your email accounts. It's fairly simple process.

Michael Bell

Mickey B
Reaction score
far as I can see all things are up date one video extension was up dated but mail and Calendar is as it was when it was up dated 7/29/20. I restarted still have 2 unread emails indicated on started screen icon , all emails have been read.

Michael Bell

Mickey B
Reaction score
You mean someone on the feedback hub had a fix for it. If so what did you do to fix it?

You could try uninstalling the mail app and reinstalling it. This would involve re-adding your email accounts. It's fairly simple process.
nothing I posted on feed back , they received the post next day it was fixed.

Michael Bell

Mickey B
Reaction score

you can not do that mail and calendar app is part of Win10 that option is grayed out not available

bassfisher6522

Reaction score
I'm running windows 10 Pro and I have the ability to uninstall it. Mine is not grayed out.

Reaction score
Hi Michael,

are you running the latest Win 10 version?. :)

Reaction score
Try this, Michael:
Right click the inbox (over on left in the full folder view)
1596351475317.png

You should see a star, as in my picture. If so, Remove the inbox from favourites (the star in other words)

Reaction score
Check too for unread emails under trash/deleted items/Bin folders, the Spam folders & Archive folders for all accounts.

Michael Bell

Mickey B
Reaction score
Hi Michael,

I am one that religiosity checks and up dates when they come. I am running current build 2004. All software up to date even then Mail Calendar App malfunctions out of the blue. I give its feed back link that it is and tell them what is wrong after many requests they fix it. Today I have no unread emails showing in the start screen tile as it has been for four days. Thank you for your suggestion.

Michael Bell

Mickey B
Reaction score
Hi Michael,

yes I am running current build 2004 , New Edge and all software is up to date. Thank you

Ask a Question