Mapped network drives problem.

Reaction score
when I start up my computer the network mapped drives are not active until I reboot the pc. Is there a cure so that the network drives are active when the computer starts up and the power has been of ?

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I've seen this happen before in previous versions of Windows, much to my annoyance! What I did at the time was create a batch file to delete and re-create the mapping at every logon (via Scheduled Tasks). That fixed it for me, but it's an unpleasant workaround.

I did some reading up on this to see if there's a better solution, and found these suggetions:
  • Go to Device Manager > Network Adaptors then right click your active adaptor and go to Properties. Then, click the Advanced tab and see if there's a "Wait for link" setting - if so, try seeing if it works when the value is set to "enabled". You may need to reboot for this to take effect.
  • You could also try using Group Policy Editor (as long as you're not on a home edition of Windows) and do the following:

Local Computer Policy > Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > System > Logon > Always wait for the network at computer startup and logon (set to enable)

Ad

Advertisements

Ad

Advertisements

Reaction score
Thank you for trying to help :cool: By the way I have the time so I will just make a reboot if I need to acces my network drives, this reboot will mount the drives and open the network connection,

Reactions: Ian

Ask a Question