Microsoft and Skype Pages Will Not Display

Reaction score
Hello. This is a problem that has persisted for over a year now. Microsoft and Skype pages will not display correctly; Microsoft Support pages will not the main body of the page, Microsoft Answers pages have buttons that will not function unless they are direct links, and Download Center pages have no download buttons. Skype pages are completely broken as though lacking stylesheets, even though they are enabled. I have attached screenshots of some of the problems.

The problem occurs regardless of browser. Multiple malware scans from both MalwareBytes and Microsoft Security Essentials turned up nothing. Other computers in the network are not affected. Upgrading to Windows 10 did not remove the problem either. Other webpages do not suffer the same symptoms. All programs and add-ons that I'm aware of that could be interfering have been removed or disabled (Peerblock, NoScript, AdBlock, etc), with the same result.

Thank you in advance for your time and patience. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• Screenshot (2).png
    Screenshot (2).png
    63.2 KB · Views: 722
  • skype.png
    skype.png
    38.5 KB · Views: 677
Reaction score
Once the link fails to open try it again. I've had this issue that last few days and it required a second attempt to open the pages. Crazy symptoms!

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Looks like a local cache issue to me.... Ctrl + F5 a couple times?
Although with the same affect in multiple browsers that would seem to be less likely.
Microsoft owns Skype so there is that as a common denominator.
IDK.... I'd clear the cache and if that doesn't work I'd give it some time. I don't think it has anything to do with your computer. It's more likely something on their end or between you and them.

Reaction score
It's more likely something on their end or between you and them.
I would be more likely to believe that if the pages didn't work on any of our computers, but it only affects this one. Clearing out my browser cache, temporary internet files, and CTRL+F5 did nothing, pages still show up broken.

Ask a Question