SOLVED Microsoft OneDrive Does Not Start Automatically When Logging on to Windows.

Reaction score
I have 3 computers, 1 desktop and 2 laptops.

On the desktop and one of the laptops, when I log onto Windows, Microsoft OneDrive is automatically working straightaway without me having to do anything.

When I open the other laptop and logon, I have to physically turn on Microsoft OneDrive for it to be working and syncing with the other 2 computers, it does not start automatically on this particular laptop. Is there any reason why this is and is there a setting that I need to change for it to do so?

Thanks

HB

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Check Task Manager, Startup tab and see if it is present and enabled.

Capture.PNG

IF not, then......
The next time you manually start it, use its' icon in the notification area (bottom right near clock), right click it and choose Settings and then on the "Settings" tab check the box that says "Start OneDrive automatically when I sign in to Windows"

Capture1.PNG

Reaction score
Appreciate your assistance people.

It wasn’t enabled in the taskbar Startup tab.

Thanks

HB

Last edited:
Reaction score
Check Task Manager, Startup tab and see if it is present and enabled.

View attachment 5072

IF not, then......
The next time you manually start it, use its' icon in the notification area (bottom right near clock), right click it and choose Settings and then on the "Settings" tab check the box that says "Start OneDrive automatically when I sign in to Windows"

View attachment 5073

Ask a Question