Microsoft Solitaire Collection

Reaction score
When I tried to open my Microsoft Solitaire collection - Daily yesterday I pushed all the correct buttons but nothing happened apart from a quick flash and nothing else. I looked up different support forums for a fix and chose one that said I should uninstall the collection and then re-install. So I went to start/apps/Microsoft solitaire and uninstalled it.

I left it for a day and then coming back to it yesterday I tried to re-install it. Found the relevant page where it said "You own this product and can install it on this device."

Reaction score
I playb ms solitaire daily. Yes. The adverts are obnoxious, but I tolerate them. MS are flogging a really dead horse in there “ generous” offer that you can pay an get rid of the adverts. With so many freebies on the web, who would want to do that!!

Reaction score
To reinstall it, go to the store and get the solitaire collection from there.
If that is not working, try this:

Go to search and type PowerShell, right-click it, and select RUN AS ADMINISTRATOR.
Type the following once you open PowerShell

Get-AppxPackage *solitairecollection* | Remove-AppxPackage

Reboot

Then go back to PowerShell and make sure to RUN AS ADMINISTRATOR
Type the following.

Get-AppxPackage *solitairecollection*

See if that works.

Reaction score
The thread is over a month old. The op did not respond to the queries?

Last edited:
Reaction score
Still, thanks for the Windows 7 solitaire link - much better than any Windows Store nonsense.
P.S., Windows XP versions of Solitaire/Minesweeper/Hearts etc. also work in Windows 10.;)

Ask a Question