missing folder

Reaction score
I have a folder that I've somehow opened in the documents section but I can no longer find it and cannot delete it. The "File Explorer" tells me it is lost, but I cannot find how to delete it. It was a mistake and I don't need it.

Regedit32

Reaction score
Hi Joe,

If you open File Explorer then right-click the Documents folder in the left pane and select Properties | Previous versions tab after a few seconds as it populates with data, you may be able to restore a previous version so you can then see the lost folder/file you mentioned.

If you can actually see the file or folder all ready, right click the file or folder, select properties | Previous Versions tab, and try restoring from there instead.

Regards,

Regedit32

Reaction score
Sorry for misunderstand you but I think that you're trying to locate a folder you have deleted is that correct

Reaction score
Thanks regedit32 for the help. The problem is that as soon as I right click on any of the folders in "This PC" a blue circle starts and eventually it says This PC "Not responding". In fact I've just realized it is for any of the folders (not just the ones I put there by mistake, then relocated). I then have to get out and get back in to "This PC.

I'd appreciate anything else you could suggest.

Ask a Question