Mobile menace

Cellphones are a serious distraction to safe driving??

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Nice to see someone taking it seriously.
http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-39118523

I suppose it's a sign of me getting older and just generally being less tolerant, but.....
I hope that we here in the U.S. adopt something similar soon.
With the shear volume of traffic increasing exponentially it seems every year, we can do without the added distractions that a cell phone represents.

Want to use your cell phone.... Pull over and park your car.
Want to drive your car...... Park your cell phone.
BUT.... pick one.

Reaction score
It is a approximately $400 Cdn fine and demerit points here in Ontario to use a handheld 'device' ( aka a phone) while driving...even if you are at a stop light or in the queue at a drivethrough window.

Nowadays I think the points can reflect back to US states...some of them anyways.

Reaction score
Wouldn't you think we have the technology to block cellular signals in a vehicle when the ignition is turned on. I do, but, that would be too much of a burden on manufactures as they cram more, and more apps into their infotainment centres. Trouble how did we manage to drive and navigate from memory all these years. LOL

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Yup, I completely agree - there has been a big push against using phones whilst driving in the UK. Although, I still see the occasional person doing it :mad:. Not so long ago, my wife was driving and we saw someone driving strangely through the town centre - turns out the other driver was texting! A few loud beeps later and she got the message ;).

Ask a Question