Most used list missing in Start Menu

Reaction score
The mostly used list is not showing anything at all. I checked in settings and it is marked to show most recently used. Can you please help? Thank You.

Reaction score
Did "most used" list ever present before ?
If yes, it used to, then do a system restore.
Pick a date when Most Used list was present as your restore point.

If you don't know how to do a system restore, please post back.

Reaction score
Did "most used" list ever present before ?
If yes, it used to, then do a system restore.
Pick a date when Most Used list was present as your restore point.

If you don't know how to do a system restore, please post back.
I don't think it ever was working properly. However, I thought I would give a system restore a try just for the heck of it and be sure. It did not help. However, the earliest date it gave me as an option was 8/9. Thanks for the advice in trying to help.

Reaction score
I don't think it ever was working properly. However, I thought I would give a system restore a try just for the heck of it and be sure. It did not help. However, the earliest date it gave me as an option was 8/9. Thanks for the advice in trying to help.
I found one other thing out that I was not aware of. I think I should make a separate post regarding this. When I right click on the taskbar and go to properties, the start tab is missing from the Task Bar and Start Menu.

Reaction score
I found one other thing out that I was not aware of. I think I should make a separate post regarding this. When I right click on the taskbar and go to properties, the start tab is missing from the Task Bar and Start Menu

Windows 10 does not have Start tab under Properties anymore. MS has taken that away.
There is nothing wrong in what you had noticed.

Here is mine........

No Start tab under Properties.jpg

Last edited:
Reaction score
don't think it ever was working properly. However, I thought I would give a system restore a try just for the heck of it and be sure. It did not help. However, the earliest date it gave me as an option was 8/9. Thanks for the advice in trying to help

Well, may be you have overlooked one point ?
When you opened system restore, you should have an option to "choose a different restore point" instead of using the one given to you.
Did you use that option ?
Maybe restore point on 8/9 is not "old" enough to be of any use ?

choose a diff restore point.jpg

Ask a Question