Mouse properties

Reaction score
Guys/Girls please help me with my problem as it is pissing me off now.

I used to use windows 7 and had a problem with my touch pad and found out that every time I opened up the mouse properties it will fix my problem. weird but it worked, so I added it to my to my start up list.

I have now upgraded to windows 10 and have found that my problem no longer exists, so I wanted to get rid of the mouse properties to startup as I boot windows.

Now the problem is that when I go to the startup programs I cannot find the mouse properties on the start up list like I did on my windows 7 so I cannot get rid of it booting!

Somebody please help me!

Thank you.

Reaction score
If one uses Windows 10 ISO to install instead of using Windows Update, and chooses NOT to keep files, settings and apps, then the installed Windows 10 will be using the default settings. All previous changes done on the previous OS will be nullified.
Does that apply to you ?

Reaction score
No it doesn't because I have used windows update and there is no going back, I have too many files I can move to a external hd.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Right click the taskbar and choose Start Task Manager.
Have a look under the Start Up tab and see if it is there.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Also you may want to have a look here
C:\Users\YourUserName\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup
OR here
C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\StartUp

Reaction score
Like I mentioned above I tried task manager start up above, and the other two directories you have mentioned doesn't exist for me.

fist appdata does not exist and second directory Microsoft does not exist

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
you may find that you need to change your view settings in your folder options to show "hidden"

Capture.JPG

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Can we assume that
its worked!
means you were able to find the Start Up Program in one of the places that I mentioned?
If so.....
Congrats and glad to hear that you've managed to resolve your issue.
Good work and thanks for hanging in there and updating your thread with that information.
Regards
Randy

Ask a Question