Movies & tv installed app

Reaction score
i like this app and use it for all videos. i have been able t watch avi's before with no problem. now i get a black screen but i still have audio. no error message
hope someone can help

Reaction score
Try running updates again, there was another cumulative update today! (KB4038788).

Reaction score
yes have vlc but the point is i like movies & apps and it did work with avis before so who knows what win update screwed it
Have you checked if AVI is still the default for the program?
If you subsequently installed VLC, or any other, it might have changed it.

Reaction score
What graphics card do you have?, it might be caused by your GPU drivers or lack thereof ?. ;)

Reaction score
What graphics card do you have?, it might be caused by your GPU drivers or lack thereof ?. ;)
intel hd graphics says up to date and i havenot installed anything for the m&tv to not play avis when ever since i had this compt(2 years or more) it used to

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
First, double check the Windows "Store" app and click the 3 dot ellipsis at the top right for "Downloads and Updates" and confirm that your Apps are all up to date.
It should happen in the background automatically, but sometimes it doesn't always do that in a timely fashion.
Then, Click the Start Button and then the Settings cog and then the "Apps" icon. Scroll down to "Movies & TV", click that to select it and then click the "Advanced options" link exposed. Click the "Reset" button.
See if that helps at all.

Reaction score
ok trouble i did all that .still no go.:mad:

i want to apologize to everyone for wasting their time. i am sooooooooooo anal. i mean its not a hardship,much,
to use vlc for the avi's. i am a pain in my own ass.
thanks everyone

Bif

Reaction score
It's quite possible that with the Fall update approaching, it might very well magically appear once again..;)

Last edited:

Ask a Question