MS Please Stop

Reaction score
My desktop screen is set to sleep after 20 minutes. I left the PC for a couple of hours and when I came back to the PC the dark screen was plastered with MS messages and tips. and guessing games such as "Avoid these work-out mistakes-Get Tips"
"Can you guess who these youthful-looking celebrities actual ages" and of course the screen image "Like what you see"
I don't understand what MS are up to, we certainly don't need this unnecessary crap on our machines.
Anyone else like to comment?

Reaction score
Come on, you know those probably aren't from MS. The only way they could be from MS is if you have set the Lock Screen settings under Personalization to 'Get fun facts, tips and more from Windows and Cortana on your Lock Screen."

However, I have mine set to that and I have never gotten a single offer. Maybe you're just lucky?

Reaction score
bassfisher Thanks for the link I had to turn OFF browser ads in the link you provided.
Even with "Locked screen" OFF and "Let apps use my advertising ID for experience across apps" turned off I still received the ad "Can you guess who these youthful-looking celebrities actual ages" and a new splash screen of Bulgarian Lavender Fields and "Like what you see. I guess that's the penalty I mus now pay for using Edge for an hour yesterday. Keeping my fingers crossed, hopefully the link that you provided
http://www.windowscentral.com/how-control-advertisement-windows-10 Works.
MS are data thieves. If we only knew what they are doing in the background. :rolleyes:

Ask a Question