Multiple BSOD problem

Reaction score
Good afternoon, people,

I have a very annoying problem.. I have a pretty new PC. I tried everything.. Reinstalling windows, updating EVERYTHING, scanning for corrupted files.. Everything was okay. But I still getting BSODS like, "kmode exception not handled", "System thread exception not handled", "Kernel security check failure"... I tried to run mem test aswell.. Everything looks okay. I get them any time.. While playing or just watching youtube. Every 2-3 days.. Sometimes 2 BSODS in 1 day. Any ideas? PC specs: Ryzen 2700x, x470 aorus gaming, GTX 1070, 2x8 GB RAM G.Skill trident.

Thank you.

Reaction score
You might look in the Event Viewer to see if it is showing any bug check codes. Those could point you in the right direction. Also look for any repeating situations around the times of the problems. The Kernel power event usually happens because of the BSOD and it not the cause.

You could check the chart which is produced by using the perfmon /rel command in a run box. If you highlight a day in the chart it will show problems for those times.

If you zip and attach any dump files it might help. Because of the size of the larger files, it would be best to have your system set to create the small minidump files we can analyze. If you do not know how to set that up, type systempropertiesadvanced in a run box and go to Startup and Recovery and the Settings button. Make sure the box on the bottom shows %SystemRoot%\Minidump and the Small memory dump (256 KB) is selected.

Ask a Question