My computer keeps freezing up

Reaction score
My computer keeps freezing up on me every 5 minutes. Whenever I check the task mgr, I see a whole bunch of applications running. Having limited knowledge of technology, I'm not sure which ones to stop. This machine is so sluggish, it's not even funny. I type faster than the letters appear on the screen sometimes. Please help.

Reaction score
Here's a test for you. Open "Notepad", type something, and try to Copy it. Space down a few lines and then try to paste it. If it pastes there, then the fault isn't with Windows 10.

Reaction score
We really need more details. What are your system specs? Did you upgrade to Windows 10, do a clean install, or did your computer come with it. You could try a clean boot to see if the issue still exists http://www.thewindowsclub.com/what-is-clean-boot-state-in-windows

If it doesn't, you know one of the processes is causing it. Then it's a matter of trying to nail down which one, which is a pain.

Reaction score
Here's a test for you. Open "Notepad", type something, and try to Copy it. Space down a few lines and then try to paste it. If it pastes there, then the fault isn't with Windows 10.
We really need more details. What are your system specs? Did you upgrade to Windows 10, do a clean install, or did your computer come with it. You could try a clean boot to see if the issue still exists http://www.thewindowsclub.com/what-is-clean-boot-state-in-windows

If it doesn't, you know one of the processes is causing it. Then it's a matter of trying to nail down which one, which is a pain.
My computer keeps freezing up on me every 5 minutes. Whenever I check the task mgr, I see a whole bunch of applications running. Having limited knowledge of technology, I'm not sure which ones to stop. This machine is so sluggish, it's not even funny. I type faster than the letters appear on the screen sometimes. Please help.

It did not paste right. It came up as one line instead of two separate lines spaced down as you mentioned. Please tell me what the next step would be. I appreciate all the help I can get. Thank you Trimful.

Last edited:
Reaction score

My computer is a Toshiba DX735 all-in-one CPU @ 2.40 GHz. Installed memory (RAM): 4.0 GB
I upgraded to Windows 10. I tried to upload the PC-Check notepad file, but it was too large. I could copy and paste the contents of the notepad file, but it's a very long and tedious file because it has every little detail about the computer. Please let me know if you need anything else.
Thank you BigFeet

Last edited:

Ask a Question