SOLVED My Favorites

Reaction score
browser gone with Win 10 update...no "Yellow Star" on any home screen...

Where are MY FAVORITES...years and years of adding website links to my favorites bar...now has disappeared...please advise.

Reaction score
Do I assume that you are using Microsoft Edge which is the default browser of Windows 10 ?
If yes, and if you want to, you can switch back to IE11.
Here is how.................
Click Start button > left side, click All apps > scroll down to W and click open Windows Accessories > Internet Explorer is there.
You can Pin it to Start, Pin it to taskbar, or right click at it > click Open file location > right click at Internet Explorer> click Send to > click Desktop (create shortcut )

After you get your IE11 back, go to Default Programs and set it as default.
I assume you will know how to enable Menu bar, Favorites bar etc etc .

IE11 - Favorites bar.jpg

Last edited:
Reaction score

Where are MY FAVORITES...years and years of adding website links to my favorites bar...now has disappeared...please advise.

I solved this myself by searching for Internet Explorer and saw what I thought had been lost...WIN 10 obliterated my prior shortcut.

Ask a Question