Nero media-home essentials Windows 10

Reaction score
Francis Strange!
I also had issues with my dvd burning software however unlike your issues with Nero my Roxio Creator 10 which served me well thru all the o/s releases starting with Windows XP. After my upgrade from Windows7 Pro to Windows 10 Pro 64-bit two application no longer functioned. Besides Roxio Creator 10 my Acronis 2009 would no longer clone hard drives. In haste I purchased Roxio NXT3 Pro since I needed a dvd burning package ASAP and really didn't like the Freeware offerings. After things settled down with my Windows 10 upgrade I attempted to re-install Creator 10 on a "clean" Windows 10 Pro 64-bit and was shocked to see a re-install on a fresh Windows 10 Pro worked. Acronis 2009 on the other hand was left by the wayside and I selected Clonezilla and AOMEI as my new " favored" cloning utility. Sad to hear about your plight with Nero however you failed to mention if you attempted to reinstall on a fresh Windows install (versus a upgrade)
BTW, I purchased Roxio NXT3 Pro in eBay for $23 ...this was for a guaranteed new copy...same eBay seller also emailed me a link for download and license which guaranteed he was a legit seller...been burned previously purchasing software on eBay previously so I now purchase s/w at Newegg, pay the extra money for peace of mind.

Reaction score
I should have been clearer nero mediahome4 essentials which is used to play video, pictures ,audio etc on my tv when I try to install windows 10 only reads nero product patcher on disc which ot installes but it does not show mediahome 4 so only installs patcher unfortunately i unstalled it so cant use compatable mode.

Reaction score
Upgrading or cleaning installing Windows 10 does however bring other added benefits. Did anyone notice you no longer have to to install Adobe Acrobat Distiller if you have a need to create pdf's? Microsoft PDF maker is another new feature, saves me roughly $100 not having to purchase and install a Distiller license. If you have a pressing need for Nero research what version will play nicely with Win10, lurk/shop on eBay until you can get a legitimate copy at the price you want...works for me!

Reaction score
Now I have the same moved from Windows 8.1 to 10, Nero 4 stopped working . I only use it to transmit old videos from my laptop to my LG TV. I cleared and then tried to reload Nero 4 all I get now is that the Nero server has stopped and reload again .

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Is your TV on the same network as your computer?
If so you should just be able to right click a media file and choose cast to and select your LG TV, without a need for any third party software.

Ask a Question