Network card

bassfisher6522

Reaction score
I need an aftermarket network card....PCI or PCIe. Any suggestions as to personal preferences for brands and drivers.

Reaction score
Hi Bass,

several at the links below, which is better???????.

https://bluegadgettooth.com/best-wireless-pci-pcie-card/ :):):)

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Last edited:

bassfisher6522

Reaction score
I'm not sure what's going on with my LAN connection.

I like to use sleep mode and coming from sleep mode, it hangs from 30 seconds to 2 minutes or so then connection would be made. It would even do it from a restart. Now, it's not making the connection at all.

So I did the usual ipconfig stuff...didn't help, rebooted modem/router....no help. Change LAN cable...just bought this cable and jack is loose on both ends. It had an 1/8" play in it....back and forth. Old cable locks in place. Did a factory reset of modem router

With the factory reset and new/old cable....It seems to be working better....still a bit twitchy. Think I'm still going to order a new card. I was looking at the same card you linked me to Trouble...funny.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Can't hurt to have a spare card.
I have a second card installed, an old Dlink DGE-530T. It's dedicated exclusively to my Hyper-V virtual machines.
I really don't pay it much mind, but if I needed to, I could always switch over in a pinch.

Funny I have the same NIC as you integrated on what I presume is still the same MoBo as you and it has never glitched.
Of course, I just use whatever driver Microsoft deems suitable and never bother with any of that "Killer E2200" software package.

Capture.PNG

bassfisher6522

Reaction score
I just use whatever driver Microsoft deems suitable and never bother with any of that "Killer E2200" software package.
Yep...same here. That software package is no better then the Geforce Experience you get with Nvidia GPU's. I didn't install either of those....just the drivers that MS found.

Right now.....it working as it should after several restarts.

Yep...same exact driver.

Ask a Question