SOLVED Networking Problem

Reaction score
This is off topic but hopefully someone can point me in the right direction. My Desktop and HP_Pavilion Notebook both have Windows 10 Technical Preview Installed. When on my desktop in File Explorer, I can click on Network and see both of my computers and but cannot view any files on the Pavilion Notebook. I always get the following error:

Error Code 0x80070035
The network path was not found.

I do not have this problem from the Notebook, I can view files on both my Pavilion Notebook and Desktop. I am sure it is just Operator Head Space, that emptiness between the ears.

Both systems are part of the same same workgroup

Why am I getting this?

Michael

Last edited:

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Good to hear that you managed to resolve your issue.
Thanks for posting back and updating your thread with that information.
Regards
Randy

Reaction score
Good to hear that you managed to resolve your issue.
Thanks for posting back and updating your thread with that information.
Regards
Randy

One other solution I found is as follows:
I had the very same error code 0x80070035 and searched for hours but found nothing.
I was trying to get one Win 10 Pc to Share folders with 3 others. They would Share with this one just fine.

Then it occurred to me that the PC in question never asked me for my actual Credentials ( ID & Password)
After some looking, I found the Credential Manager in Control Panel and it had NO credentials for the other PCs I was trying to access.
So, I added them manually using the Credential Manager and poof, the error was gone and I was in business.

I still do not understand why the pop up dialogue box for my credentials is not appearing.
That's it.

Ask a Question