New builds won't stop

Reaction score
This is what Gabriel Aul said today (8/27)
new builds won't stop..jpg

That brings a question or 2 in mind...................
Why no one post questions about build 10525 ?
Is it possible that vast majority of users have switched to Win 10 RTM, not one heck of a lot people are using 10525 ?
If "demand" isn't there, how long will MS keep it going ?

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
I assume, those of us (apparently few) who are still pursuing insider builds will continue receiving them as they become available as part of the ongoing program which apparently is not going to end. Ever?
I'm not posting any questions about 525 because I don't have any, I have one physical machine and one virtual machine dedicated to the insider program and in both instances everything seems to be working fine. At least for now.
I expect 525 to be the test environment for improvements in both features and functionality that at some point, Windows 10 RTM folks will end up getting in some big Rollup Upgrade (cumulative update).
I read someplace that October is suppose to have something going on, especially for Edge (supporting extensions). Maybe some bits of 525 will show up there.

I also think, overall, the interest in the "Insider Program" has waned.

Reaction score
I'll continue to get them on my old gaming PC, because there wasn't a qualifying OS on there before (vista). There's quite a few who didn't. To keep Windows 10 activated, I (we) have to stay in the insider program.

Reaction score
I am keeping Insider going on a laptop and a desktop and I will play with each one and send feedback if I have any. I'll be loading today's new build 10523 tomorrow
But...I have just got a Raspberry Pi and will be getting the full hardware gadgetry kit delivered tomorrow so I'll be brushing up my pitiful hardware skills and my even worse C programming together with no-so-bad Linux. Just in time for fall. Being retired I have time!

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Just booted my Insider Machine and am seeing
th2_10532

Reaction score
Yep. For some reason my laptop got switched to slow ring after 10525 so I have reset to fast and usually it will take until the next calendar day for MS to realize and do 10532. Looks more interesting that 525.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Well, up and running on 10532.
Not seeing much in your face changes, but I've not had much time to investigate.

EDIT: Well on second glance the new context menus (right click and such) are definitely in your face.
A bit surprising at first but I suppose they'll grow on me.

Reaction score
I have update completely disabled. No new builds will be installed until I'm sure various anti-spyware will still function.

Ask a Question