No Internet Access - help

Reaction score
Hello, there, I have to say that new version of Windows looks optimized more than ever, love the style and the functionality of it, but sadly I have some first problems, although I am still not sure if new update is causing them. I posted on several forums the same question.

Two days ago I updated my Windows 7 desktop PC to win10, and my internet worked perfectly, both wired and wireless. But yesterday, it just stopped and until now it is still like that, famous yellow triangle. Wifi works. Tried almost everything, changing from DHCP to static, disabling firewall, updating/reinstalling network drivers. I am not using any VPN as far as I know. My network adapter is nvidia nforce.

After switching to static address, I noticed that my adapter changed from unidentified to network, but still in the status window of my adapter i see that ipv4 and ipv6 have no internet access. As I said, other devices work perfectly via wifi.

There are many things I've messed during few hours of fixing it, so there are many things already forgotten, sorry about that, but I hope you will suggest me something and we'll sort it out in some way. Thank you very much, your suggestion will be very appreciated.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Two days ago I updated my Windows 7 desktop PC to win10, and my internet worked perfectly, both wired and wireless.
So everything worked good.
But yesterday, it just stopped
Had you rebooted any between those two occasions.
Perhaps open device manager, expand network adapters, right click the problem adapter, choose properties, select the driver tab and see if the "Rollback Driver" button is available to you. If so give that a try.
In the mean time open a command prompt and do an
ipconfig /all
copy the results (just your two network cards not all the other rubbish) into a .txt file and attach it to your next post.

Reaction score
I hope I posted the wanted info. I haven't done any reboot of my system, if you mean downgrading back to win7.

Also I can't rollback my network driver and there is one I have.

Attachments

• ipconfig.txt
    1.4 KB · Views: 595

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Sorry, that is not exactly what I was hoping for.
You said your wireless was working but your Ethernet was not.
I was hoping to see the ipconfig results for both and please re-enable DHCP set both for Auto ( not static / manual)

Reaction score
I am really sorry. Here you go.

Attachments

• laptop.txt
    1.8 KB · Views: 574
  • PC.txt
    1.2 KB · Views: 598

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Sorry I thought we were talking about wired and wireless on the same device.

I assume that, that nForce adapter from nVidia is an integrated device on the motherboard?

It's a 50 / 50 chance but if your installation is 64 bit, then you might have some luck using the driver from here
http://www.nvidia.com/object/nforce-vista-win7-64bit-15.56-driver.html
That's a comprehensive package of driver, most of which you will probably not need. However if you use 7zip and right click the 15.37_nforce_win7_64bit_international_whql.exe and choose extract here (make sure that you put the file in a new folder), it will create several sub folders, among which is an "Ethernet" folder.
Inside of that you will see a file called nvfd6264.inf

1. Open the Device Manager.
  2. Right click the device you wish to change the drivers for. You can select Properties > Driver > Driver Details to check you have the right device.
  3. Choose Update Driver Software.
  4. Select Browse My Computer For Driver Software.
  5. Select Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer.
  6. Select Have disk...
  7. Select Browse..
  8. Navigate to the extracted folder and double click on the .inf file
  9. Hit OK, then Next and the driver(s) will then begin to install.

Reaction score
It is integrated on my motherboard. But the problem is I am 32bit OS with x64-based processor, but may I use 32bit version as well? Thanks for dedication.

I assume it's a problem unrelated to upgrading of course.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I installed the driver, but without luck again. So after restart i had a feeling that it's going to be ok, when i looked in the network icon, there wasn't a triangle for only few milliseconds, then it appeared again.

Inside Network sharing centar it says Unidendified Network, that appeared immediately after I switched to DHCP.

This problem lasts for three days already, I have some IT knowledge, but this is strange to me.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
You may, at this point, want to just cut your losses and invest in a good add-on Ethernet card and avoid that nForce integrated device altogether.
With only Win7 drivers available, it might just be too old.
Of even a new USB dongle (wireless or Ethernet)
I doubt that there are many available yet with a Windows 10 logo, but anything that is designated as working with Windows 8, I would think would be sufficient

Is device manager showing a problem with the device? Is it listed under other devices?
When you right click it and choose properties does it show a problem, like driver can't be loaded, or something like that?

Reaction score
Driver is working properly.

I'm not planning to change my network hardware for now. I think it's something on pc that I can't figure out. I also changed some of the network settings after I got into problem, but can't remember which ones. I'll try to find them again.

Maybe there is something blocking it, i tried with security, firewall and other. I'm a bit pissed now, but I have to fix it. Thanks again. :)

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
I'm a bit pissed now, but I have to fix it.
There is a program here http://www.rizonesoft.com/software/complete-internet-repair/
Called Complete Internet Repair. It's free and contains both a 32 and 64 bit version.
I've used it on occasion with varied degrees of success.
I just tested it on my Windows 10 machine and it seemed to complete fine and didn't cause any issue.... no smoke no fire.

It may help in your case, it may not. No guarantees, but......
It probably won't make matters worse and it may even help correct some of the changes you've made.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Sure... let me know if it helps.
Like I said sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't

Reaction score
I have ticked every option. Sadly no success. :( I have log file if you want. There were many errors and warnings.

Attachments

• log.txt
    20.3 KB · Views: 612

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
I have log file if you want.
Nope.... no thanks. The errors are probably related to some issues with Windows 10. That app has been around for a while and is not fully compatible with 10.
As I said sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't

Ask a Question