No Internet tab in Settings - Can't connect to Wifi

Reaction score
Tried to connect to Wifi today and couldn't find how. When I searched for online assistance I noticed that it directs you to the settings and then the network & Internet tab.

Except I don't have that tab in settings. Mine is only Network. Help?

Attachments

• IMG_4220.JPG
    IMG_4220.JPG
    14.2 KB · Views: 590
Last edited by a moderator:

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Right click the start button and choose run and in the run dialog box type
ncpa.cpl
hit enter or click OK
What do you see?
If you have a wireless adapter installed then it should show up there and you should be able to right click it and choose connect.

Reaction score
Right click the start button and choose run and in the run dialog box type
ncpa.cpl
hit enter or click OK
What do you see?
If you have a wireless adapter installed then it should show up there and you should be able to right click it and choose connect.

Thanks Trouble!
When I do that I get a broadband connection icon comes up which shows disconnected and the Ethernet icon but no wireless adapter. Any ideas?

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Any ideas?
Sure.... never short of ideas, just ask my wife. Most of them bad however.
IF you're not showing a wireless adapter there, you might check Device Manager (right click the start button and select it from the context menu).
Expand network adapters and see what's there. Maybe something with a icon indicating a problem? Or perhaps "Other devices" likewise suggesting a problem?
What kind of computer is this?
If it's a laptop there may be a physical switch / button / function key + Fkey combo to physically enable / turn-on the wireless radio.

Reaction score
Sure.... never short of ideas, just ask my wife. Most of them bad however.
IF you're not showing a wireless adapter there, you might check Device Manager (right click the start button and select it from the context menu).
Expand network adapters and see what's there. Maybe something with a icon indicating a problem? Or perhaps "Other devices" likewise suggesting a problem?
What kind of computer is this?
If it's a laptop there may be a physical switch / button / function key + Fkey combo to physically enable / turn-on the wireless radio.

hahahaha! Don't I know it! It's a PC. I've tried going to device manager already and under network adapters nothing there either. Could it be that the PC has no wireless inbuilt and I need a wireless usb??

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
That is beginning to seem to be the case.
Do you have some reason to believe that the PC does or did have a wireless adapter installed? Was a very rare occurrence but now a lot of newer desktops have wireless built-in.
Did it come with one? Do you have the manufacturer's documentation as to what hardware came with the machine?
Did you add one?
Otherwise, yep.... you'll need to either add an internal card or a USB wireless dongle. In which case read the reviews, shop around and make sure you find one that works with Windows 10.

Reaction score
That is beginning to seem to be the case.
Do you have some reason to believe that the PC does or did have a wireless adapter installed? Was a very rare occurrence but now a lot of newer desktops have wireless built-in.
Did it come with one? Do you have the manufacturer's documentation as to what hardware came with the machine?
Did you add one?
Otherwise, yep.... you'll need to either add an internal card or a USB wireless dongle. In which case read the reviews, shop around and make sure you find one that works with Windows 10.

Thanks so much for your help !!
Have a great weekend mate

Ask a Question