No jpeg pictures

Reaction score
This has not been addressed for Windows 10 - still only Windows 7:
Windows Photo View can't open this picture because either Photo Viewer doesn't support this file format, or you don't have the latest updates to Photo Viewer.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
I assume you downloaded, extracted and ran the registry hack and that all merged successfully?
And then you went through the additional steps of right clicking an image file and choosing open with -> choose another app -> more apps -> scroll down to Windows Photo Viewer?
At what point did / does it fail to
work on my machine;-(

Occasionally, some registry changes will require a reboot to work properly, although that wasn't the case with my test.

Reaction score
I assume you downloaded, extracted and ran the registry hack and that all merged successfully?
And then you went through the additional steps of right clicking an image file and choosing open with -> choose another app -> more apps -> scroll down to Windows Photo Viewer?
At what point did / does it fail to

Occasionally, some registry changes will require a reboot to work properly, although that wasn't the case with my test.
I only have a very few now that won't open so I guess I'll put up with it - tnx

Reaction score
I still have dozens of pictures that won't open. I re-downloaded the link to no avail. OH, and no, I don't want to put up with it. All pix were there and would open until the shop installed Windows 10 over Windows 8.1. This is 2017 and there should be a fix...
Tried to upload one of the pictures that won't open and got:
The following error occurred
The uploaded file was not an image as expected.

0918091023.jpg

Reaction score
Someone asked for a jpeg that doesn't open to be sent in a zip format which I did but have no record of who asked and to whom I sent it to..........

Reaction score
I guess that this is 2017 and NO one has a fix for this very long ongoing problem that I am still having since I upgraded from Windows XP. Here again is a snapshot of what the jpeg looks like. I guess as in the Google dilemma I will have to live with it...........
See #6 above.

Attachments

• 0918091023-1.jpg
    0918091023-1.jpg
    4.9 KB · Views: 393

Ask a Question