No networking after Windows 10 Anniversary Update

Reaction score
Before the Windows 10 Anniversary Update, everything was working just fine. After the update, it seemed everything still worked except for the networking. No Wi-Fi. No hard wired ethernet. The diagnostics pointed to the drivers so I updated the driver (18.33.3.2 5/3/2016) on the Intel Dual Band wireless AC 7260 but that didn't help. I tried to find newer drivers on the Qualcomm Atheros AR8171/8175 PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Controller, but could not find any newer than what I had (2.1.0.21 7/16/2013). Microsoft and ASUS were no help. I scanned the web and tried all the fixes I found there, but no luck with those. I finally decided to roll back the update and everything worked fine again. Anybody got any suggestions? My system specs are in my profile. Thanks, Bill

Reaction score
Sorry this is so late but I just saw it.

I have an Intel Wireless-AC 7260 on my Dell system and it never gave me any problems.

The only situation I did have was the tendency for the network to be set up as a public network and ask to allow file sharing on that.

Hopefully, you have it working by now, but if not let us know..

Reaction score
It's not fixed. I disabled updates after I restored my machine to the previous Windows 10 version. When I find something that might promise a fix I'll try again.

Ask a Question