No sound on 14367 (resolved)

Reaction score
After the update I have lost all sound on the computer. Even tested windows default sounds and nothing.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Assuming you've give it a while to perform all of its' post upgrade machinations and you still have no sound, then....
I would look first to playback devices (right click the speaker and choose playback devices from the context menu) confirm that it is using "Speakers" as default (Green check mark) and that those "Speakers" are associated with the proper audio device default.
If that seems correct then select it and then click the "Properties" button, select the advanced tab and try experimenting with a different format from the drop down. and test.
IF that doesn't seem to prove particularly helpful, then open device manager, expand Sound, video and game controllers and right click the problem device and select uninstall.
Reboot and let the native, found new hardware wizard re-install it.

Reaction score
Assuming you've give it a while to perform all of its' post upgrade machinations and you still have no sound, then....
I would look first to playback devices (right click the speaker and choose playback devices from the context menu) confirm that it is using "Speakers" as default (Green check mark) and that those "Speakers" are associated with the proper audio device default.
If that seems correct then select it and then click the "Properties" button, select the advanced tab and try experimenting with a different format from the drop down. and test.
IF that doesn't seem to prove particularly helpful, then open device manager, expand Sound, video and game controllers and right click the problem device and select uninstall.
Reboot and let the native, found new hardware wizard re-install it.
Indeed speakers were not the default device. Never saw this one before, so THANK YOU

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
IDK why, that would get changed by an update or upgrade but I can atest to the fact that stranger things have happened.
Glad you got it sorted and thanks for letting us know.
Regards
Randy

Ask a Question