SOLVED No sound

Reaction score
Boot up today, also did a restart but NO SOUND.
I have checked device manager, checked for updated divers. Any ideas please will be most welcome thanks

Reaction score
Hi nehoma,

is it a PC or a laptop?. If a laptop, have you pressed the mute key(s)?. Normally the FN key + whatever key(s) control the volume output. Have you checked in BIOS to see if "Onboard" sound is switched off? (If it indeed has onboard sound). :)

Reaction score
It is a desktop. A NUC mini with the sound card on chip. Thanks for your reply. I will look in bios forr on board sound.

Reaction score
Make and model would help, there might be something on the forums and/or new drivers available?. :)

Reaction score
Hi nehoma,

is it a PC or a laptop?. If a laptop, have you pressed the mute key(s)?. Normally the FN key + whatever key(s) control the volume output. Have you checked in BIOS to see if "Onboard" sound is switched off? (If it indeed has onboard sound). :)

Hi again, very odd this, on boot up the windows sounds came on loud and clear followed by a beep when the screen clicked in But now it has booted up there is no sound. Where do I look?
Bet its something simple

Reaction score
Hi,

open Control Panel > Sound and check to see what is listed there, see if you have more than one device listed. You can click on Configure if the need arise. :)

1594729280728.png

Ask a Question