No wifi connection

Reaction score
So on my fairly new laptop, I am unable to connect to wifi completely. This all started randomly yesterday when I got on. Wifi was up for two minutes before it disconnected. Since then I can not connect.

When I restart or shut down and turn it back on, wifi either connects for a minute and goes off, or the following happens: I have absolutely no option for wifi at all. In my network settings there is nothing for wifi whatsoever, first thing listed is airplane mode.

When I hover over the "no wifi icon" on the bottom, is says "no connections are available", yet everything else in my house is fine. I also cannot find my network drivers: my device manager is not listed under control panel and when I look it up, it shows the app but when I click on it it takes me to search with no results.

I took a video of my problem:

Reaction score
Or you have to go to adapter properties and turn off 'allow computer to save power by turning off this device'' That is a common one.

Reaction score
I have the "allow computer to save power" off already. Did not work. And yes, I have airplane mode off.

Last edited:

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
my device manager is not listed under control panel and when I look it up, it shows the app but when I click on it it takes me to search with no results.
Right click the Start Button (windows logo, bottom left of screen on taskbar) and select Device Manager from the context menu.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
What??? "did not work"?
You can't right click? Device Manager is not available as an option in the right click context menu? OR..... when you choose Device Manager from the right click context menu, it doesn't open?

Clean boot the computer
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929135

Hold the shift key while clicking restart from the power option and boot into safe mode with networking.

Create a new user as a member of the local administrators group (not a standard user). Log off from your current account and log on as the new user, see if the problem is global across multiple accounts or specific to your profile.

Reaction score
What??? "did not work"?
You can't right click? Device Manager is not available as an option in the right click context menu? OR..... when you choose Device Manager from the right click context menu, it doesn't open?

Clean boot the computer
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929135

Hold the shift key while clicking restart from the power option and boot into safe mode with networking.

Create a new user as a member of the local administrators group (not a standard user). Log off from your current account and log on as the new user, see if the problem is global across multiple accounts or specific to your profile.
Did not open. Ill try the reboot.

Reaction score
went through this video and got the wifi issue fixed at my dell inspiron running windows 10.

Reaction score
Many brands of wireless routers like D-Link router and Netgear router have the ip address 192.168.0.1. If you own and use the wireless type of a router, then you can make some changes in the wireless router parameter settings as per your requirements. You can make use an ideal network cable to connect your wireless router with the computer directly.
Source: http://www.ipaddressdefinition.com/192-168-0-1-1/

Reaction score
This is a bug of windows 10, only you can try clean install, and try to see if cortana appear , if no apeear cortana in the bar , then the installation iis unsuccessfull.
29ghi08.png

Ask a Question