"Not responding"

Reaction score
I can no longer use my laptop since updating to Windows 10. Once I boot up and log in, Microsoft OneDrive begins to load and hangs. During this time I can move the mouse but nothing works of I click on it. Eventually a small dialogue box pops up saying OneDrive is not responding. Regardless of clicking wait or cancel nothing happens for eternity. Sometimes it will disappear but only after the whole screen goes "foggy" and nothing is responding. I see my icons thru the fog and get the blue circle of death ( loading but not responding). I would undo the install if I could just do access my computer but I can't keep sitting in front of it waiting for 45 minutes at a time for something to happen. Please someone help? I don't want to have to lose everything in this computer.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Hello Gina and welcome to the forum.
Don't login
Use the power icon on the bottom of the login screen combined with the shift button to restart your computer in safe mode
There is an article here https://www.windows10forums.com/articles/safe-mode.3/
It references the normal power button but, the one on the login screen should work in an identical manner.
Once in safe mode you should be able to exclude OneDrive from auto startup using the startup tab in task manager, by right clicking an empty area of the task bar and launching task manager from the context menu.

Ask a Question