Nvidia Geforce 840m Problem

Reaction score
Hello.
I have bought a Lenovo Flex 2 and installed Windows 10 Enterprise 64 bit on it. My laptop has Nvidia Geforce 840m GPU. I have downloaded the latest version of drivers include main driver and Game Ready drivers:

358.50-desktop-win10-64bit-international-whql (Game Ready Version)
352.84-notebook-win10-64bit-international-whql

But I have problem in running graphic games like call of duty an need for speed and etc.
When I checked display adapter properties I saw that the graphic card didn't detected and Microsoft Basic Display Adapter is default and my geforce VGA is not listed.
Here is screenshots of my problem.

44636d1445795464t-nvidia-geforce-840m-problem-rlhycb2.jpg

44637d1445795560t-nvidia-geforce-840m-problem-bxp75ht.jpg

However I have installed my graphic card successfully bu Geforce 840m is not detected as my default VGA adapter. Thus I have various problems such as:
-Games are not running properly
-Screen brightness function control (F11 and F12) didn't work
-and so on ...
Please HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELP me :(

Reaction score
All the forum geeks (no offence) are off line now and have been since before you first posted. Have patience, they will return and jump right on your problem.

In the meantime, I would advise you to recheck your driver downloads as it does not appear to me that you have all the drivers and/or correct drivers. I do not know what the driver packages are that you listed but if it was me I would have downloaded drivers from the board manufacturer and/or the card manufacturer.

I see the Moderator (Trouble) just showed up. Finally. Nope, hes gone again. Must have took one look at the chaos and ran.

Last edited:

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Your best bet is to go here
http://support.lenovo.com/us/en/
Plug in your exact model name and number and check for drivers.
It may be (and this is just a guess) that as is sometimes the case in newer laptops that you have dual GPUs and a driver is needed for both.
It looks like, and again I'm just guessing that you may have an Intel GPU in addition to the nVidia GPU.
Another thing you should consider is ....
Updating all your drivers, including BIOS (firmware if available.... make absolutely sure you have the correct one), Chipset, etc.

Ask a Question