Win 10 doesn't install due my Nvidia GeForce Go 7300 - can it be sorted?

Reaction score
I have Windows 7 Professional running perfectly in a Dell Inspiron 6400 with a Samsung SSD. I was accepted by Microsoft for a free upgrade to Windows 10 but I now have a message from Microsoft telling me that I will be unable to upgrade due the OEM Nvidia GeForce Go 7300 being incompatible with Windows Ten. I have the latest driver dated March 2009 for that device. Can anyone offer advice on how or where I can make my laptop pass the Windows 10 installation criteria?
with grateful thanks

Reaction score
This problem is the drivers for windows 7 are not the same drivers for windows 10. :(

Reaction score
Does a driver for this graphics card exist in the Windows 10 arsenal or perhaps with a third party?
I'm going to guess no. There were no drivers for my Dell Inspiron. It would run the Preview, but without any graphics drivers. It has ATI X1250 graphics, which is the same generation as the nvidia 7XXX series.

Reaction score
I'm going to guess no. There were no drivers for my Dell Inspiron. It would run the Preview, but without any graphics drivers. It has ATI X1250 graphics, which is the same generation as the nvidia 7XXX series.

Thank you for your involvement. Unless someone knows any different it rather looks as if there is no answer to this problem and I may therefore have to decide between staying with my old laptop and W7 or paying for a new laptop with W10. Right now that choice must fall with staying as I am as I am of advanced age and limited means. Thank you again.

Reaction score
I was checking nVidia drivers earlier and only found drivers for the 400 series and above. If the Windows 7/8 drivers don't work, you will need to upgrade graphics, if that is possible. With a Laptop, I doubt you will be so fortunate.

Reaction score
I was checking nVidia drivers earlier and only found drivers for the 400 series and above. If the Windows 7/8 drivers don't work, you will need to upgrade graphics, if that is possible. With a Laptop, I doubt you will be so fortunate.

7 drivers don't work under 10 and the graphics card is the best of class so neither a hardware upgrade appears nor a software upgrade appear to be possible. Unless someone knows better.

with thanks

Reaction score
Thank you for your involvement. Unless someone knows any different it rather looks as if there is no answer to this problem and I may therefore have to decide between staying with my old laptop and W7 or paying for a new laptop with W10. Right now that choice must fall with staying as I am as I am of advanced age and limited means. Thank you again.

I'm going to say there is an answer, you just won't like it. I can't get 10 on my desktop either because my processor doesn't support some of it. I'm really not sweating it.

Reaction score
Hi all, I have a solution... I've pulled NVIDIA's 307.68 driver that is available on Windows Update for Windows 8.x. It is compatible with the Geforce 7300 Go and Windows 10.
If anybody needs me to upload it, please let me know.

Reaction score
Hi all, I have a solution... I've pulled NVIDIA's 307.68 driver that is available on Windows Update for Windows 8.x. It is compatible with the Geforce 7300 Go and Windows 10.

Hi. I would really appreciate if you could upload the file. Or tell me the update number/name. Thanks!

Reaction score
Hi, I also have the problem w10 with nvidia 7300 go for my notebook, can you help me? thanks

Reaction score
Reaction score
Hi, i have acer aspire 5630 and driver 307.68 but w10 not install. How to installed it ? thanks advance

Not sure... you're running 32-bit Windows I hope?

Mine installed without issue. The driver is WHQL, so it shouldn't be rejected as long as you have 32-bit Windows and one of supported cards.
Here's how device manager looks after installation:
sg7haa.png

You can see that Windows keeps track of it as driver version 9.18.13.768
Here's nvidia control panel with system information:
nqqxs1.png

Reaction score
Hi srle, thanks for the reply. I have the same driver version 9.18.13.768, but Windows 10 update does not work, continue to say that Nvidia is not compatible. If I install w10 from the iso it works? thank you

Reaction score
Alright, I got it, your problem is that Windows won't install .. I wouldn't do the ISO yet because it would be trickier to get free upgrade recognized. I'd use Media Creation Tool to download & upgrade Windows from there.
http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

Surprisingly, I didn't get that notification that my graphics card is incompatible. Maybe it is because I already had installed the driver I've posted when MS evaluated my PC for compatibility.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Alright, I got it, your problem is that Windows won't install .. I wouldn't do the ISO yet because it would be trickier to get free upgrade recognized. I'd use Media Creation Tool to download & upgrade Windows from there.
http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

Surprisingly, I didn't get that notification that my graphics card is incompatible. Maybe it is because I already had installed the driver I've posted when MS evaluated my PC for compatibility.
Thanks a lot

Reaction score
i said to nvidia our problem and they said to me :
[02:06:55 PM] Hi, my name is Ahmed. How may I help you?
[02:07:32 PM] Masoud Ajorlo: hi i have dell inspiron 6400
[02:07:57 PM] Masoud Ajorlo: and i have windows 10 enterprise 64 bit
[02:08:17 PM] Masoud Ajorlo: but there is no driver for it
[02:08:54 PM] Masoud Ajorlo: are you making it ?
[02:09:32 PM] Ahmed: To check the compatibility please let me know the NVIDIA card number
[02:09:47 PM] Masoud Ajorlo: whrer is it
[02:10:27 PM] Masoud Ajorlo: ?
[02:10:45 PM] Masoud Ajorlo: go 7300
[02:11:20 PM] Ahmed: Windows 10 being a brand new Operating system has new minimum hardware requirements in order to support all the features and specifications of the new OS, so some older generation graphics cards are not able to be supported with Windows 10. Unfortunately the GeForce GO 7300 is not supported on Windows 10 and the drivers available on our website will not work.
[02:12:35 PM] Masoud Ajorlo: ok and you don't any driver in the feature ?
[02:14:27 PM] Ahmed: Driver will not be compatible as the card does meet the system requirements
[02:14:49 PM] Masoud Ajorlo: ok thanks goodbye
[02:16:24 PM] Ahmed: You're welcome bye
[02:16:39 PM] 'Masoud Ajorlo' disconnected ('Concluded by End-user').

Ask a Question