Old Microsoft Username Won’t Work On New PC

Reaction score
While setting up my new PC I wasn’t able to use my old Microsoft user name and password from old PC. Because I had to setup a new user name and password I had problems setting up Office 365 and other things. Any help will be appreciated.

Reaction score
I'm not understanding. Did you use your Microsoft Account User Name and Password? I think you should have had the choice to use your MS Account or create a new one, which sounds like you did.
I think you can create a new Account/use your MS Account User name and Password once logged on to make that account default.
If you used Local accounts on your last computer you'll have to recreate them on your new computer.

Reaction score
Thanks for all the help. Things were working out fine until I realized how cheaply the HP tower was made. The DVD drive was so poorly constructed. I had a tough time opening it. Then with the DVD in the drive again I had a hard time opening it. I had to use a very small screwdriver to pop it open. Definitely not built with same quality of my old ASUS. Sending it back to HP tomorrow.

Again thanks for all the help. Very much appreciated.

Ask a Question