One Drive

Reaction score
As it is now I can remove it. If I install The Universal App for One Drive, will that be removable?

Regedit32

Reaction score
If you on Windows 10 Pro you can use the Group Policy editor to prevent OneDrive being used as a storage facility and prevent it running. There may be a registry tweak for Home users to achieve same thing but I have not got time at the moment to go look in my registry for any relevant keys.

From there you'd need to go one further step using taskkill to completely end all running processes for OneDrive.
  • In an elevated command prompt:
    • taskkill /f /im OneDrive.exe
    • press enter to excecute

So with it not disabled and all its running processes stopped you can now if you really want to uninstall it completely by:
  • In an elevated command prompt
    • 32-bit OS

%SystemRoot%\System32\OneDriveSetup.exe /uninstall
      press enter to execute

• 64-bit OS

%SystemRoot%\SysWOW64\OneDriveSetup.exe /uninstall
    press enter to execute
Note: OneDrive is also associated with syncing so uninstall with that in mind as this may affect any settings you have all ready made in your OS. i.e. a restore point before uninstalling, or backing up a few important things would be wise.

Also, as OneDrive is a built in app for Windows 10 there is the possibility a future major update could put her right back on your system, or if you do an in-Place upgrade or clean install.

Ask a Question