OneDrive deleteing

Reaction score
Hello! I linked to my OneDrive personal and OneDrive for school accounts on my Windows 10 computer. But I wanted to stop syncing with OneDrive for school account and wanted to delete the files uploaded onto the cloud. I deleted the unnecessary files and folders in my OneDrive from the browser. And disabled OneDrive for school account on my computer(but did not unlink, because the settings tab in the OneDrive for school is not available(but available for my personal account)). Syncing stopped, but when I tried to delete folder "Desktop" that was in the OneDrive for school folder it also got deleted from the hard drive(and my desktop was empty). Plus, OneDrive for school folder was not on the left-hand menu of the file manager, but, rather in the users->documents folder.(but still in my computer)
I want to completely unlink the OneDrive for school account and delete its folder(completely!) from my computer. Does someone have any suggestions?
And also I don't want to uninstall OneDrive, because I want to keep using my personal account.
Thank you in advance!

Reaction score
I solved the problem of OneDrive for school folder but had to uninstall OneDrive all together(personal, too, which is sad). I found this thread on the forum:

1622635739949.png

Reaction score
However, I want to know why in the desktop when I am closing and saving documents and files it says as follows:

"Do you want to save changes in the file
"C:/users/kayir/OneDrive(for school)/desktop/text.txt"?"

I want to know how to completely unlink OneDrive? Or how to change this message so to stop OneDrive from possessing my desktop.
There are no OneDrive personal and for school folders since I somehow turned them off anf disabled. But I want to know if it will hinder my work or how to solve this problem. Please, help!

Reaction score
The message you are getting is because despite deleting the One Drive school folders you apparently didn't completely uninstall it so it is still in your registry somewhere. If you use One Drive after you've completely uninstalled it just reinstall and after logging in all your files should still be there. Just be sure to only log into your personal account that you want to keep.

Just a tip though, One Drive can be an incredible space hog as files sync to the hard drive as soon as you open them for any reason so if you have a dual drive setup like mine is point the install to the data drive to conserve space on the Windows drive. I moved my One Drive from the C to the D drive and it works just fine in that location so there's no need to have it pointed to the primary Windows drive for it to work

Last edited:

Ask a Question