Only admin account but cant run admin process?!!?1

Reaction score
Hello guys ive ran into this problem quite randomly: Im the only account on my computer and it still says i am an admin but i cannot run a single process as an administrator, i cant even open task manager or cmd prompt as an admin. ive tried numerous google searches but most include opening up at least one setting that needs admin privileges so i am yet to find anything solution, im also unable to wipe my drive completely in hope that would fix it due to errors or needing admin rights.

Attachments

• anti virus.png
    anti virus.png
    8.1 KB · Views: 159
  • Cannot access.png
    Cannot access.png
    7.8 KB · Views: 175
Reaction score
Hi KallMeKai,

what version of Win 10 do you have?:

Have you tried a reset? (Backup all your important data before beginning!):

https://www.windows10forums.com/articles/reset-windows-10-from-within-windows.13/ :)

Reaction score
Hi KallMeKai,

what version of Win 10 do you have?:

Have you tried a reset? (Backup all your important data before beginning!):

https://www.windows10forums.com/articles/reset-windows-10-from-within-windows.13/ :)
Im one windows 10 pro version 1909; also the resetting my pc through window needs admin access, ive tried through the boot menu and get an error every time, also the also the upgrading windows link you provided needs admin privileges to run so i cannot run it

Reaction score
Are you the original owner, or is this recently purchased?
I am the original owner. all parts bought brand new and computer built by me, no one else has even used it, system even says the account (which is the only account) is an administrator account

Reaction score
If you are using a third party antivirus program, try disabling it.
Otherwise. if you are able, set up another user and try again

Reaction score
If you are using a third party antivirus program, try disabling it.
Otherwise. if you are able, set up another user and try again
Not using any third party anti virus, tried to run malware thinking a virus some how disabled my admin privileges but cant due to malware needing admin privilege to download . also tried to set up another user, i tried to add a local user and got the first error, then tried the add family member option and get the second "error" have tried both multiple times on different days.

Attachments

• Add user error.jpg
    Add user error.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 151
  • Add account error.jpg
    Add account error.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 185
Reaction score
[QUOTE="KallMeKai, post: 109627, member:a”, im also unable to wipe my drive completely in hope that would fix it due to errors or needing admin rights.”
This was puzzling. What did you use to try this?
At the moment, it looks like your only option is a fresh install!

Ask a Question