Outlook Emails

Reaction score
When I delete an email on my cell phone is also get deleted in my computer email. Is there anyway I can change that so the emails on my computer do not get deleted?

Reaction score
How have you setup your email account?? as POP3 or as IMAP?? If IMAP all devices that can access the email account will be affected.BUT: If you delete the email on your phone the email will be moved to the deleted folder where it stays for some time. If you access your deleted folder from your computer it should still be there.

Reaction score
How have you setup your email account?? as POP3 or as IMAP?? If IMAP all devices that can access the email account will be affected.BUT: If you delete the email on your phone the email will be moved to the deleted folder where it stays for some time. If you access your deleted folder from your computer it should still be there.

Reaction score
Thank you, I know it is in the deleted folder but if I don't see it, I forget about it. I would like to delete if from my phone to make room but keep it visible on my computer for future reply or action.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
I would think that perhaps the only easy way to do, what you want to do, would be to turn of "Sync" on your phone for that account / mailbox.

SyncSettings.png

Reaction score
When I delete an email on my cell phone is also get deleted in my computer email. Is there anyway I can change that so the emails on my computer do not get deleted?

A POP3 email account the email is stored on the POP3 server and your client is configured to to point the pop server. The email is then downloaded to you email client (in your case outlook) and your phone email client. You can access the email in a web browser also and there is a checkbox on your email server that if checked will delete that email as soon as its downloaded. I also have the same situation as you and want to view on multiple devices so I leave it unchecked. But that does make it so I have to use my web browser to delete the emails from the server once a week so I don't go over my storage limit. If you have a POP3 account you have to setup a SMTP server with routes all the email you send out to the internet through that SMTP.

IMAPI is where the email stays on the server and once you delete it you won't see it in the inbox on another device. Yahoo mail and Google mail are these types. Typically out going email doesn't need to be setup like with POP3.

Ask a Question