Painfully slow file transfer from SD Cards after upgrade to 10.

Reaction score
Since I upgraded to Win10 it takes FOREVER to transfer files from my SD cards via the built in card-reader. It worked fine prior on Windows 7. Now the speed meter BARELY goes above 0... The files do transfer, but it takes hours. I shoot a lot of photos, so I need to get this fixed. I did add an exclusion for explorer.exe in windows defender which was suggested by a post, but that didn't seem to do anything.

Please help!

upload_2015-12-20_19-8-44.png

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Check with the computer manufacturer and use their support site for your specific model to download and install their card reader driver.
It's likely that the one that Windows 10 is currently using is less than optimal and just generic enough to be serviceable but not specific enough for your particular hardware device.
As a matter of fact, you may want to investigate any and all drivers they may have for your particular computer, paying particular attention to BIOS, Chipset, Storage Controllers, USB, Video, Sound, Network, etc.

Reaction score
I have windows 10 and also transfer SD card data. But I get full speed.

Have you tried different cards? I've seen your problem with damaged cards where it just keeps retrying.

Alan

Ask a Question