Paint Shop Pro 9

Reaction score
I'm new to Win 10, and tried to install Paint Shop Pro 9 from the CD. It shows on the start listing, but it won't open. Then I got an error message, so I tried to uninstall. That is also not going well. If I can't uninstall...it stalls at one point...as did the install...and simply won't go further. I've tried both the uninstall in control panel and PSP's uninstall. Neither get far enough to really uninstall. One message said a .msi file was missing. I'm guessing PSP9 is not compatible with Win10. I recall always being told just deleting was not a good idea.

Any ideas to bail me out here?

Nghia!

Reaction score
A thing to consider is whether PSP9 is 32-bit being installed on 64-bit Windows, such older programs don't always work properly. And No, a simple delete doesn't work, have to use Programs and Features to uninstall if the program itself doesn't have an uninstall routine. In dire circumstances it may be necessary to use a Registry cleaner such as CCleaner [formerly named CrapCleaner] to both uninstall what it can then clean the Registry but beware, such programs can really screw up an install of the Operation System if not careful with them which can result in reinstalling everything.

Ask a Question