SOLVED PC no longer burns pictures to DVD since Windows 10 anniversary update

Reaction score
Since Windows 10 anniversary update part 2 I can no longer backup my pictures by burning them to a blank DVD the way I have been doing for a decade. Windows starts to format the disc before the files are even populated on the burn list. The burn never makes it past half way when it just hangs. The computer can not be shut down or the disk eject in any way except by pulling out the power cord. The task manager is of no hep in this regard. All my hardware drivers are up to date. I am worried that if my PC crashes all my great pictures will be gone unless I have a backup from time to time. I am also worried that I may be damaging my PC by having to pull out the cord when it hangs on this task.

I would appreciate any help and would like to know if anyone else is experiencing the same problem.

Qualon

Reaction score
I use a program called CDBurnerXP. It's a free program and works well in Windows 10.

Ask a Question