SOLVED Photographs will not open

Reaction score
Since the most recent update in Windows 10, I have been unable to open any photographs. I get the message (depending on which photograph, of course) C\Users\Cheryl\Desktop\DSCN9356.JPG Class not registered. HELP! I have tried all I know and nothing works.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Can you open MS Paint?
Start Button -> All Apps -> Windows Accessories -> Paint
Then use the "File" from the menu bar to "Open" and then browse to your images folder and see if you can open a .jpg file that way?

Reaction score
Since the most recent update in Windows 10, I have been unable to open any photographs. I get the message (depending on which photograph, of course) C\Users\Cheryl\Desktop\DSCN9356.JPG Class not registered. HELP! I have tried all I know and nothing works.
Can you open MS Paint?
Then use the "File" from the menu bar to "Open" and then browse to your images folder and see if you can open a .jpg file that way?

Thanks a lot; that works! Confused as to why this is now necessary, though. In the past, I just double clicked the photograph and it opened. Oh well, at least I can now see my pix. Really appreciate the fast response.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
It shouldn't be necessary.
I suspect that there may be something wrong with the new MS Universal App "Photos" and as a consequence you are getting that error.
Since I rarely use any of the Universal Apps, I can't suggest anything definitive except to check the "Store" App and make sure that all your apps are up to date.
You can always choose another default image viewer
This may help to some extent http://www.howtogeek.com/225844/how...ewer-your-default-image-viewer-on-windows-10/
There are a host of third party products out there if you have a personal preference.

Reaction score
Can you open MS Paint?
It shouldn't be necessary.
I suspect that there may be something wrong with the new MS Universal App "Photos" and as a consequence you are getting that error.
Since I rarely use any of the Universal Apps, I can't suggest anything definitive except to check the "Store" App and make sure that all your apps are up to date.
You can always choose another default image viewer
This may help to some extent http://www.howtogeek.com/225844/how...ewer-your-default-image-viewer-on-windows-10/
There are a host of third party products out there if you have a personal preference.

Thank you for the follow up on my original question. As per your instruction, I accessed the how to geek site, which walked me through the issue. I can now open pix without two or three steps. Thanks again.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Glad to hear it.
Thanks for posting back and updating your thread with that information.
Regards
Randy

Reaction score
I am double clicking on my photos but they wont open. I have been using windows 10 for some time and its only just started doing this. any help please.. Yesterday I was getting a error message saying Class not registered.

Ask a Question