Photos and icons not showing up on taskbar anymore

Reaction score
Assuming you are referring to RAM. What action caused the RAM to go back down,?

Reaction score
Do you need cloud storage?, if you don't, stop using it and simply back-up your data to an external USB drive/stick, it may save a lot of hassle?.

I don't use any cloud services whatsoever and keep all my files on back up media and/or other partitions. :)

Reaction score
Wolfie I do the exact same.
Cloud has become a part of peoples daily routines just as bottled water and mobile phones did. However did we manage before bottled water mobile phones and cloud. ;)

Reaction score
First thing I do on a reinstall. - Disable any cloud devices. Everything under my username I manually save to another HD, at the weekends
Referring to the thread title. My memory fails me, but, without some third party help (Aero), I don't ever recall seeing this feature in Windows 10 and, maybe (?) previous OSs

Reaction score
Do you need cloud storage?, if you don't, stop using it and simply back-up your data to an external USB drive/stick, it may save a lot of hassle?.

I don't use any cloud services whatsoever and keep all my files on back up media and/or other partitions. :)

I only use Dropbox, Google Photos, and OneDrive.

Reaction score

Can't afford that either.

Reaction score
So the memory went down once again to 34.7 instead of 37. something like it was at before.

Mikaela don't get overly concerned on physical memory use. Shut down the PC and do a cold start/reboot, recheck your memory use.
Installed memory is supposed to be used and Windows will use as much physical memory as it can. Running processes do consume memory, but, Windows will also retain or cache data in memory that will be useful to speed up idle processes. Windows can also discard or throttle back physical memory as desired by the OS.

Memory is installed to be used, not saved for later, unused memory is wasted memory.

Last edited:

Ask a Question