SOLVED Pictures windows 10 mail

Reaction score
Hi Kloss,

make a copy of the pic and save as "jpg", then you can attach them!. :)

T_J

Reaction score
You might try this. RIGHT CLICK on jpg, select SEND TO. MAIL RECIPIENT, select Picture size (maybe smaller) & click ATTACH. Delete whatever text is present in the email, if you want.

Email recipient could probably zoom the picture to view larger display. I tried this with Thunderbird, attached jpg (smaller) was 32% of original file size. I opened attached jpg with Windows Photo Viewer, which easily increased display size of photo for viewing.

Dell installed 'Adobe Photoshop Elements 9' free on my Dell in 2012. Photoshop can reduce jpg file size while retaining the original photo dimensions. Open photo with Photoshop, EDIT, SAVE FOR WEB, select size (low, med, high, very high, maximum), click OK, and SAVE file. On LOW, looked like my test jpg was maybe 5% of original file size, and I couldn't tell any quality difference.

Last edited:

T_J

Reaction score
Correction - Open photo with Photoshop, FILE > SAVE FOR WEB, etc.

Viewed a Photoshop website today; they used several methods to reduce jpg file size, including IMAGE > RESIZE before using SAVE FOR WEB. Either of these can reduce file size. Several ways to get from point A to point B. Their example had 8.3% of original jpg file size.

Ask a Question