Pin code deleting itself when writing

Reaction score
Hi guys,
after my keypad stoped working on my Sony Vaio I purchased usb keyboard with the mouse. When I want to log in to my account and I am trying to write the pin code, its just deleting itself it doesn't allow me to type anything. I tried the keypad on the screen , same issue.
Dou you please know what is the issue ?

Thank you

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
after my keypad stoped working
I don't know what the initial problem was with the factory integrated keyboard, but.....
Since you are reporting problems with a USB add-on keyboard as well as the On Screen Keyboard....
My immediate thoughts are that your device's original keyboard is still connected and whatever problem it has, that problem is what you are seeing as your current issue.
It could be a stuck key or a damaged switch under the mechanical key, it could be an issue with the ribbon cable connecting it to the motherboard or even that ribbon cable's connection on the motherboard

Reaction score
you can try to turn numlock on on the original keyboard. If a key is stuck you should see typing the "4" by itself (in theory at least)...

Reaction score
There may well be also a key combo to disable the integrated keyboard which you might want to check the laptop manual to enable/disable it!. :)

Ask a Question