Pin Windows Apps like in Android

Reaction score
Hello do you know any program for Windows 10 that allows you to pin an app on the screen and to remove/unpin this app you have to insert the windows login password? Like it's possible to do in Android.

Reaction score
Hello do you know any program for Windows 10 that allows you to pin an app on the screen and to remove/unpin this app you have to insert the windows login password? Like it's possible to do in Android.
Sounds a bit dodgy if you have to reveal your password to a thirdparty program? But, as you are already logged in to windows, to access the App, what would be the reason for such a function?

Reaction score
My understanding of the question is about creating a shortcut to a program's .exe file. It can be done manually by locating a program in C:\Program Files or C:\Program Files (x86) folders, right-clicking it the click Send to, Desktop (create shortcut). Then if it is no longer needed just delete it. Password shouldn't be needed unless a Standard User is involved instead of having Administrative rights.

It's different from Pin to Start or Pin to Taskbar.

Reaction score
maybe you don't know about the android function I'm referring to it's a very useful one, watch the short video carefully
in words, what I want to accomplish is to be able to lock/fix/pin a running program on top of the screen and only allow the usage of that program and need the lockscreen password to use the full os again, WATCH THE VIDEO

Reaction score
maybe you don't know about the android function I'm referring to it's a very useful one watch the short video carefully
...in words, what I want to accomplish is to be able to lock/fix/pin a running program on top of the screen and only allow the usage of that program.
Pardon me, like I said that was my understanding of the question. And like you said maybe I don't know about your desire with Android, I don't have much need for it.

Reaction score
are there still normal forum users in 2020? ok back to topic please, it's a useful function for many

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
Hi delwis,

I have never heard of it myself, you could try installing Android OS and dual boot as a solution!. :)

Reaction score
That's very insulting considering I am trying to help you!. :mad: A simple "That's not what I really want to do" would suffice.

Reaction score
maybe you don't know about the android function I'm referring to it's a very useful one, watch the short video carefully
in words, what I want to accomplish is to be able to lock/fix/pin a running program on top of the screen and only allow the usage of that program and need the lockscreen password to use the full os again, WATCH THE VIDEO
There isn't one

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
That's what I need....
Something that makes my computer behave more like a phone than it already does.

I can see some small value if you were allowing others to use your computer as an entertainment device, you could restrict them to a particular application. I could imagine that might be handy in the case of small children, but generally on the rare occasion that I would allow someone else to use my computer, I expect mutual respect and a general respect for boundaries.

Other than that, the Windows logo key and the L key are my "pinned app".

Reaction score
That's very insulting considering I am trying to help you!. :mad: A simple "That's not what I really want to do" would suffice.
you're right please do excuse me.

anyway such a function/program could be very useful exactly in those cases where you have to give/show something on your personal pc to another party and you want them to just use what you're showing them, when they try to close/minimize that pinned/locked window or open the start button or anything else done outside that window the os should go to the lock screen.

Ask a Question