Print Spooler overloading, crashing

Reaction score
Hi,
I am using Win10 64bit.
My problem seems to occur when I attempt to print too much my printer will not print. The print monitor shows only part of the file transmitted under the size column and then after a time it will error.
If I stop and restart my print spooler before my printer print monitor faults out, it will print.
If I turn off spooling I don't have this issue, but it is very painful waiting for each document to be sent to the printer before I can send the next.
Too much maybe a couple of AutoCAD files, 5x PDF's, 5x Excel workbook pages etc.
Can I increase my print spooler capability or can I reload it?
Anyone had this issue and rectified it?
My printer is a new Brother HL-L2300D, Brother support cannot help except advise that maybe I will have to turn off print spooling. :(

Reaction score
From what I can tell the printer does not have its own memory to hold pages. If it does you may need to deal with that and make sure it is set up correctly.

You are probably also using the USB port. If so have you tried changing USB ports to see if it helps? Anything showing in Device Manager concerning any yellow marks on any USB devices?

I assume you have the latest Windows 10 drivers installed for the printer. If you have an upgraded Win 10 have you tried removing the device and reinstalling to make sure you have a clean install?

As far as I know Windows controls sending the print requests to the printer. I don't know all the rules it uses but it should hold quite a few pages. Since I have no other suggestions I will give you this link to another thread on the Microsoft site. Look at the fourth response and go through those steps. Maybe it will clear something out.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...0/d56ee75b-5c54-441b-a4b7-72ad20282fbc?auth=1

Reaction score
Thanks for your help Saltgrass.
I think you are right in suggesting the printer does not have memory to hold information, this is where the print spooler service on my computer must come into to play.
Nothing in device manager has any yellow marks and everything says it is 'working properly' I have tried a reinstall but not another usb port reinstall, I will try this.
I checked the thread but there; stopped print spooler service and checked printer folder (it was empty) then restarted the service but the problem is still there.
Thanks.

Ask a Question