Print Spooler Issue

Reaction score
HELP NEEDED!
The print spooler does not start or run... I have tried every known fix I have found on the web so far with no luck yet!
ex... Restart the spooler in Services... checked dependencies... checked RegEdit... etc.

The PC is an HP Envy23 64bit - Windows 10 Home Edition - free upgrade from Windows 8.1
The Printer is an HP Photosmart 7520e All-in-one.. connect via WiFi

Note: Everything was working fine a week ago... before the installation of Malwarebytes and Norton Internet Security (Supscription).
Since I am not the only user of this home PC... I don't know if a virus was downloaded or if Malwarebytes or Norton Security removed or quarantined a suspect file.

Another note... I can not reinstall any HP Printer Software or Drivers for the HP Photomart 7520e...
and there is no viewable PRINTERS folder in Local Disk C: Windows>System32>spool

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
I have tried every known fix I have found on the web so far with no luck yet!
With that as an opening line, it is difficult to make a suggestion.
One would presume that you have already tried the native System File Checker to determine if there is a problem with critical windows system files.
AND
Everything was working fine a week ago
One would also presume that you have already tried a System Restore Point to a point in time approximately "a week ago".

Reaction score
Hi Everybody,
I had the same problem with my print spooler not working since I had installed Windows 10. That was 2 months ago and the entire time my printer did not work. It would only scan for some off reason. Went through all the different help forums out there, tried EVERYTHING, nothing worked. UNTIL this morning. I found a site that mentioned "Tweaking.com" windows repair. I ran the program and NOW my printer works again. I could not believe it!!!!!!!!
I'm posting this everywhere now. IT WORKS!!!!!!!!!

Ask a Question