Privacy in Windows 10

Bif

Reaction score
Good information, although I have my suspicion that even turning off the defaults within the bowels of hidden settings accomplishes little to nothing as far as privacy goes.
Microsoft spies on everything users do with their OS and uses private information in lord knows how many ways and for what purpose and intent, it's a fact that I'm only recently resigned to and it ain't gonna change any time soon..
But I will in vian keep using my third party false sense of security programs to turn everything off... Wishful thinking at it's best.

Reaction score
"Good information, although I have my suspicion that even turning off the defaults within the bowels of hidden settings accomplishes little to nothing as far as privacy goes."

You've got that right, If you plough a little deeper into the link, you will find comments alluding to that. Microsoft claim it is in the interests of development..etc, according to usage.- Hmmm.

The European authorities are very uneasy about it. I'm waiting for their other shoe to drop.

Bif

Reaction score
The truth of the matter is Mac is no different and I'm getting to old, impatient and crotchety to acclimate to Linux..So I guess I'm buggered either way.
Aside from 10 spying on everything we do, eavesdropping on emails, logging keystrokes, recording our voices and taking candid photos and videos of us, crashing constantly following cumulative updates, and rendering many PC's as door stops...It really isn't a bad OS. o_O

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
It really isn't a bad OS
NOW that's what I like to hear. The eternal optimism of a "glass half full" kinda guy.
RollLaugh.gif

I'll be waiting and watching for somebody to produce some scripting that will gut all the nonsense and strip it down to an OS rather than a data retrieval and advertising platform.
Something like Windows 10 Lite or similar.

Data

Chief Operations Officer
Reaction score
I'll be waiting and watching for somebody to produce some scripting that will gut all the nonsense and strip it down to an OS rather than a data retrieval and advertising platform.

Done, its called NTlite https://www.ntlite.com/ Though not exactly a script, but can be done by sharing the config files.

You dont want any telemetry? Simple, remove asimov
You dont want Customer experience?
Simple, remove CEIP

The Chinese version of Windows 10 will likely contain no asimov amongst other things.

In other manners there is Spybot anti-beacon and the VMware OS Optimization Tool
And there are actual scripts but these are hosted in boards that require user registration to even view. But they do exist ;)

Last edited:
Reaction score
I do have linux on a very small usb plug. Not much to work with, though

Reaction score
The Chinese version of Windows 10 will likely contain no asimov amongst other things.
maybe not the Microsoft version rather than a chinese version of it. Their Government has eyes and ears everywhere, so I am told.......;);)

Ask a Question