Problem with Microsoft account

Reaction score
Hello,
My first post. My wife has a Lenovo laptop with Windows 10. I had an HP desktop with Vista. We had different MS user accounts. All was well. MY HP died and I just installed a new HP with Windows 10. When I first started it it asked me for a Windows account, and I foolishly entered my wife's account name and password. Now, in Outlook for example, on the new HP I see her list of Favorites (not my old one which I have backed up on a flash drive); when I deleted her favorites from my HP they disappeared from her Lenovo as well ! I am in trouble.
I want my HP to have its own Microsoft account and password, how do I do that ??
Thanks

Reaction score
Thanks, but that raises these questions:
- We use the same email address. Will Microsoft let us use two accounts (on two different machines) with the same email address ?
- If I create a new account, will there be an opportunity for me to delete the old one ?
- If not, how do I tell Microsoft which account is to be the active one ?
- Will the new account give me access to all my stuff associated with the old account favorites, MSN contacts...) ?

Ask a Question