SOLVED Project 2016 file

Reaction score
Harry do you know the Proj. 2016 file path?
Have you attempted to search your file index Windows key + S when the search windows dialog box open type the name of the file " Project 2016" or the file extension .doc, .docx, .xls....> enter.

Reaction score

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Microsoft Project is a project management software product, developed and sold by Microsoft. It is designed to assist a project manager in developing a plan, assigning resources to tasks, tracking progress, managing the budget, and analyzing workloads.
how to recover a project 2016 file
Has it been deleted?
Is it corrupted?
Is it lost or missing?

Reaction score
I think it's corrupt, I didn't lost it. I get this error

Attachments

• 1091111Q12.png
    1091111Q12.png
    54 KB · Views: 505

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Boy I wish I new more about Microsoft Project so that I could help you further, but I don't.
The image you attached, suggests that "Project" can't open the "file" and the files in the window look to have been produced in either Microsoft Excel and or Microsoft Word, based on the icons that I am seeing.
Do you also have Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel installed on your computer? IF so then perhaps opening the "file" with the appropriate program might help.
Otherwise you might need to resort to one of the free "Office like" productivity suite alternatives that Wolfie suggested above. My personal preference is "LibreOffice"

Reaction score
Hi, have you tried to repair both Project and Office?

Also, please note that over time Project files may become bloated and fragmented.

Could you try to re-create a whole new file from the corrupted/bloated file:

1. Open a new blank project file

2. Go to Insert/Project and insert the problem file.

3. Select the first task which will be the insertion point summary line.

4. Go to Project/Task Information/Advanced tab.

5. Uncheck the "Link to Project" button and hit "OK".

6. If the file isn't already expanded, expand it.

7. Select all tasks below the top level summary line.

8. Outdent the selected tasks.

9. Delete the first task which previously was a summary line.

10. Save the resulting file.

Reaction score
Be advised that this will eliminate all custom formatting and that the new blank file created in step 1 should be pre-formatted with custom views, fields, calendars, etc. (Try using the Organizer to import such from the Global .mpt))

If it only happens with one file, then it is likely that it is damaged. you can try for this to use Project Repair Kit for repair ms project file. http://www.project.repair/

Ask a Question