Random Pc Problem

Reaction score
Good Day, I don't have one of the best pc's but its all I have. My problem start with the power supply so I had to get a new one, I had problem starting the pc, then I had problem with the monitor make all this funny different colors on the pc, I replace wire did all I could. Yesterday after a few attemps of restart I reset the Windows 10 all worked fine and the pc start up normal, I could even sit and look at videos on my pc for about 2 hours. This morning. Try to put on my pc you get the orange and blue light next to power went on but screen will not boot gives me all this diffrent colours. I put the pc off check all cable again put it on again just the blue light show it will not start up what else can I do the fix this problem please if you could help step by step I will do it I know the basic of the hardware.I did put my hard drive Gigabyte H61M-S1 Series Motherboard, Intel Celeron. In. A external and put it into a laptop I could go into all the files. G1610-2.60GHZ 2MB Cache SKT 1155, Jetram 2 GB DDR3-1333MHZ Single Sided Module, Seagate Barracuda 500GB 72000 RPM SATA3 16MB, Gigabyte M1-in-1 Matx Chassis, Liteon 24x Super all-Write (SATA) Drive, 450 Power Supply

Last edited:

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Hello and welcome to the forum.
First of all..... that board has multiple Revision Numbers so you need to make sure you know which revision you have.
Second, you do not say in your post what you are using for a video adapter and since your problem seems to be video related I would think that, that would be a key bit of information.
IF you are using the integrated video then you may be having an issue with that "Intel HD Graphics 2000/3000" chipset as it doesn't seem to be too keen with respect to Windows 10.
Have a read here https://communities.intel.com/thread/87114

It sounds a bit like....
It works and then it doesn't.
That might be because Windows 10 is installing a driver which is not suitable for your particular configuration, or....
The onboard video may have a problem physically.
Do you have an option to install an add on video card for testing?

In the mean time you would probably want to make sure that all your other drivers are up to date for Windows 10 (32 or 64 bit) paying particular attention to the BIOS firmware and chipset drivers.

Reaction score
Good day Noob Whisperer,I think the video or graphic is on board, I have a cd with drivers for a chip set, I took the hard drive again last night put it in a external on a laptop and again it was working but on my pc it just don't want to start up everything else is working how do I get the cd in to update the driver or how do I get into bios. Thank you so much for the answer its highly appreciated.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Boot from the installation media and use the advanced troubleshooting options "Startup Settings" to see if the computer will boot into Safe Mode or Safe Mode with Networking.

Reaction score
Boot from the installation media and use the advanced troubleshooting options "Startup Settings" to see if the computer will boot into Safe Mode or Safe Mode with Networking.
I have to make one I don't have one thank you so much

Reaction score
Good Evening, I made the installation media usb, put in pc start put off start again usb light is on, blue light on pc on hard drive running fans running, power supply on keyboard off plug in another usb port nothing the usb will not start with installation, plug hard drive again in. A external on laptop and it works can go into everything of hard drive, plug usb in the installer starts with the installation software icon so I stop it,any other place I can start looking please, thanks again for taking the time to help

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
You should be able to use one of the "F" keys (top row of keyboard) to evoke the One Time Boot Menu
Gigabytes boards, I think, are usually F12 but it could be F11 or one of the others, each BIOS is slightly different.
Failing that you could change your Boot Device Priority settings in your BIOS to move your USB boot option to #1 or top of the order.

Reaction score
Good Evening, I manage with the usb media installation to get into bios thanks to your patience and advise but with a different motherboard Foxconn and my same hard drive my pc is busy with resetting the windows I hope this will fix the problem, if not do I need to download drivers for the motherboard

Reaction score
Good Evening, I manage with the usb media installation to get into bios thanks to your patience and advise but with a different motherboard Foxconn and my same hard drive my pc is busy with resetting the windows I hope this will fix the problem, if not do I need to download drivers for the motherboard
Good Day,
My computer is working again, I really appreciates all the help you gave me. The pc did start with the usb installation, but before that I cleared the cmos, took out the battery, the windows 10 I had to reinstall again, now I just want to know is there any drivers that I need to update like the Realtek thing please advise

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
I'd check Device Manager and see if it was showing any problem devices.
IF not then I'd hold off for a couple days and assess the overall performance and how the computer is behaving.
IF it wasn't exhibiting any strangeness, I think I'd let it rest.
You've got another big upgrade headed your way tomorrow and I'd be reluctant to spend a lot of time unnecessarily when you might have to do it again (if there is actually anything to do).
IF I were you, I'd spend some time developing a backup strategy that included disk imaging.
https://www.windows10forums.com/threads/upgrading-to-windows-10-dont-do-it-stop.9578/

Reaction score
Good Day,
I will make that back up thank you so much for your time and advice to help me sort out this problem. I'm just very happy to have my computer back.

Ask a Question