Random short static noise

Reaction score
I seem to get random static noise while on my PC. It mostly happens when switching between application but can also be at random times.

I thought it was my headphones but now it happens on any speaker/headphone and its starting to get annoying because its always rather loud.

I have updated windows, drivers, and updated any application i have open and i have no idea what is causing it.

Reaction score
Hi BTP,

your system specs might help? (make & model + motherboard). :)

bassfisher6522

Reaction score
First thing I'd check is the cable connection of speakers.....make sure the jack is fully inserted and seated.

Reaction score
Hi BTP,

your system specs might help? (make & model + motherboard). :)
Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 PC4-21300C16 2666MHz Dual Channel Kit - Black (CMK16GX4M2A26

Intel Core i7-7700K 4.2GHz (Kaby Lake) Socket LGA1151 Processor

Samsung 960 EVO Polaris 250GB M.2 2280 PCI-e 3.0 x4 NVMe Solid State Drive

Seagate 3TB BarraCuda Internal Hard Drive (ST3000DM008)

Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 G1 Gaming RGB 8192MB GDDR5X PCI-Express Graphics Card

hope this helps

Reaction score
Hi BTP,

are they Bluetooth or via a USB wireless adapter?. What make & model of headphones?. You might need new drivers?. ;)
they are stell series artic 1 and its a usb-c reciever and i have a ubs-c adapter to plug it into my pc which came with the headphones

Reaction score
I seem to get random static noise while on my PC. It mostly happens when switching between application but can also be at random times.

I thought it was my headphones but now it happens on any speaker/headphone and its starting to get annoying because its always rather loud.

I have updated windows, drivers, and updated any application i have open and i have no idea what is causing it.
I'm not sure, but sometimes, the main cause of static noise on your headphones could be having corrupt or outdated drivers. First of all, have you tried to update your driver? If you have done it, but you still face the problem, then please follow this method:
1. Open Regedit by pressing Windows + R and type "Regedit" > enter.
2. Navigate to Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{36fc9e60-c465-11cf-8056-444553540000}
(Just copy paste it to the navigation bar).
3. Search for "UpperFilters" and then delete it.
4. Close Regedit > restart your computer.
(NB: Reinstall your driver after restarting your computer)

Various possibilities cause this thing. You can try to change the audio format or disable all sounds effects, too at Control Panel > Hardware & Sound. If these methods do not take any effect on yours, then It could be your hardware problem (Try to replug your Power Supply or use another one).

Reaction score
its a usb-c reciever and i have a ubs-c adapter to plug it into my pc
Is it on the back of the PC or on the front?, try moving the adapter around to the front USB and see if that helps!. Also, check the level of the mic, try lowering it to about 50%. :)

Ask a Question