Random shut downs

Reaction score
Good day all,
I am a fairly literate windows user but am having a strange problem lately. My ASUS laptop keeps shutting down after closing the lid. I have the power controls set to sleep when closing the lid. When I open the lid it immediately starts up. I do not have to hit the power button. If I have a browser open when I close the lid it asks me if I want to restore the tabs because it wasn't shut down properly.
It has the latest updates.
Any ideas?
Thanks

Reaction score
I'm having similar problems with my tower. At random times, I come back to my computer and find it has re-booted. When I start my browser, which is usually running, it tells me it shut down unexpectedly. I have an ASUS MB, too. It started doing this just a couple of months ago and is VERY random. I have my system set to NEVER sleep or hibernate or anything like that.

Reaction score
Contact ASUS in your area and inquire about these problems concerning their laptops and mobos, there could be a fix that they might have or is associated with their product. The only part that can cause these sorts of problems in Windows 10 is the power settings as there are no other variables except your hardware that can cause these sorts of problems, hence check that your PS is functioning 100% and/or your ram, hdd or your graphics drivers are not corrupted. Do a systematic check of all variables and narrow it down that way.

Reaction score
You could try in Windows 10, by clicking Start>Setting>System>Power+Sleep>Sleep [ ] when plugged in PC goes to sleep - click button to open - then select option [Never], and close page when done. It certainly has worked for me and most probably will do so for you.

Ask a Question